How we collect your Personal Information
Visiting our website
As a visitor to our website, you will have access to certain features without revealing any Personal Information.
In this case, our web servers collect the name of the domain you used to access the internet, such as "aol.com" or "yahoo.com," and the website you came from and visit next.
We may select outside companies who provide services on our behalf and use this information to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to our website, in general. We may also use this data to monitor site performance and to make the site easier and more convenient to use.
We may aggregate statistics that we gather about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and services, and provide these statistics to third parties. When we provide these statistics to third parties, however, they will not include any Personal Information that identifies you.
We may require you to become a registered user in order to gain access to and use other features such as the online claims portal. Once you become a registered member, we may collect Personal Information when you use our website.
Using our claims portal
If you use the online claims portal we may need to collect Personal Information from you in order to process your claim.
We may also collect Personal Information by other means (such as from your application and claim forms, telephone calls, emails and from third parties such as witnesses and medical professionals).
Types of Personal Information that we collect
Depending on your relationship with us, Personal Information that we collect may include:
- General identification and contact information such as your name, address and other contact details and date of birth.
- Medical information such as your current health status, the details of any injuries or disabilities and medical history.
- Financial information such as your bank account details and credit history.
- Other sensitive Personal Information such as your religious beliefs and any criminal convictions.
- Your marketing preferences as you advise us.
- Information enabling us to provide you with products and services such as any other insurance you may hold.
How we use your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to:
- Process your insurance application.
- Process any claims you may make.
- Send you information regarding your policy.
- Provide improved quality, training and security.
- Carry out market research.
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about products and services offered by selected third parties) in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations.
- Establish and defend legal rights.
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud.
We will not share your Personal Information with any outside company for any purpose other than those described above. For example, we will not sell Personal Information to outside companies that may wish to market their products and services to you.
Sharing your Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information we collect to other organisations as detailed below. The organisations to whom we disclose Personal Information are obligated to use such information only for the purposes stated. Disclosures may be made to the following third parties:
- The company who underwrites your insurance policy
- Other insurers, regulators and industry/public bodies.
Security of collected information
We use encryption and authentication tools to protect information we gather on our website. E-mail communications outside of our website, however, may not be protected. If you are sending us an e-mail communication that includes highly confidential information, such as a credit card number, you may want to call us or send it by registered post.
Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary, unless we are required or permitted by law to retain that Personal Information for a longer period of time.
Your marketing preferences
We sometimes use or share your Personal Information in ways that will improve or expand upon the services we provide to you. You can choose to opt-out of this at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 8380 3000.
We also provide you with regular opportunities to opt-out.
- Emails: If you no longer want to receive marketing emails, you may opt-out by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each email or by contacting us as set out above.
- Text messages/telephone communications/postal mail: You may opt-out by contacting us as set out above.
Please note that if you opt-out, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the records of third parties with whom it has already been shared. Even if you opt-out of marketing communications, we will still provide you with important administrative communications.
International transfers of Personal Information
Third party websites
We are not responsible for the content, security or information collection practices of any third party websites, including those that you link to from our website. You should carefully review the privacy policies of each web site you visit to understand how they collect, use, and disclose information.
Access to Collected Information
You may review, delete, cancel or update the information that you provide to us through this website or obtain a copy of such information by contacting us as described below.
Changes to this Policy
Last updated: 01.06.2016